Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay balloons update

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi

Is possible delay automatic update of the balloon, during parts list editing?

My problem:

When I need change positions of the components in the parts list, I`m using Cut/Paste method. But when I cut some row, the balloon dissapear from the view. It appears again, when I paste it back. It is not problem on small assemblies, but on large assemblies, every cut and paste takes about two-three minutes.

For me, the best will be, I will be possible turn of automatic update of the balloons and I will manually update, when I finish with editing parts list.

Here is the movie with my workflow

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65725605/balloons_update.avi

5 REPLIES

Re: delay balloons update

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You did not say which version of NX you are using.

You need to set the Drafting Preferences, Parts list settings and turn Off 'Automatic Update'.

This should resolve your issue.

Hi Rony

Please, see "LABELS" for information about NX version.

The Preference, which you described is for automatic updates of parts lists, when occured some changes in assembly. For example, when you change number of screws. But I`m looking for solution, how turn off automatic update of the balloons, when I change position of the part in part list. I think, this is for ER.

However, thank you for your answer.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you need an ER, you will need to contact GTAC

Yes I know. I just want check if exist some solution, before contact GTAC. But it seems, it doesn`t exist so, I will log this.

Pioneer
Pioneer
There is a bit of vb code on gtac that converts auto balloons to manual balloons. Once the balloons are manual then they will not delete if you cut and paste or even if you delete the parts list and insert a new one
Regards,

Clayton McPherson
TC 10.1, NX 9.0.3.4 MP7