Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display issue in sketcher

Genius
Genius
As shown below, in SKETCH_001, SKETCH_000 is referenced to create a straight line. When SKETCH_000 is hiden, it's still displayed as dashed line . This becomes a big trouble when a lot of curves need to be handled in SKETCH_001.

Is there any workround to make SKETCH_000 completely invisible?

Thanks!

Image.pngImage.png
14 REPLIES

Re: display issue in sketcher

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I use layers, and put different sketchs on different layers.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

@DaveK wrote:

I use layers, and put different sketchs on different layers.

Even then, because you're essentially inheriting the referenced sketch curves from one sketch to your active sketch, you need to change your work layer in the active sketch to a different layer prior to inheriting the curves so that they're placed on a different layer than your existing sketch curves. Restore the original work layer and only then can can you turn off the layers to hide the inherited curves.  It would be nice if you could just plop these inherited curves on a different layer in the active sketch, but alas, they're not selectable. 

Seems like too much effort to me.

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

Hi @DaveK  @BenBroad  Thank you both for your replies!

I put SKETCH_000 on a new layer and make the layer invisible, but SKETCH_000 is still displayed as dash line.

image.png

Phenom
Phenom

Just press "Ctrl+w" and select (No need to worry about layers)

image.png

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Gears Phenom

Are you sure its the curves displaying dashed, and not the reference to the constraint you have on the ends of the line?

-Dave

Genius
Genius

@DaveK wrote:

Are you sure its the curves displaying dashed, and not the reference to the constraint you have on the ends of the line?

Yes. I'm sure t's not reference to the constraint. You can simply see the attached part file in the original post.

Genius
Genius

Hi @mike_fdo   Then all the curves outside the sketch would be hiden. It seems to do too much ... Thanks!

Genius
Genius
I have a workaround: project SKETCH_000 into SKETCH_001, group the projection curvers, use the grouped projection curves to create the straight line, hide the grouped projection curves.

Any straightforward solution would still be appreciated!

Image.pngImage.pngImage.png

Gears Phenom

@surfactant wrote:

@DaveK wrote:

Yes. I'm sure t's not reference to the constraint. You can simply see the attached part file in the original post.

OK, I've had a user that was trying to hide the reference to a constraint once, so I had to ask Smiley Happy

-Dave