Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extend a surface by moving its edges

Genius
Genius
I just learnt that in NX Enlarge can extend or shrink a B-surface by moving its edges.

Alias has a command Extend doing the job. I learnt from a tutorial that the Entend command has some handles for adjusting the edge in a more flexible way (as shown below).

Is this possible in NX? Thanks!

Image.png

Image.png
3 REPLIES

Re: extend a surface by moving its edges

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Not exactly what you are looking for (i personally use Untrim to get the original patch and then do the modifications)

but still if you find it worth ...X-Form has lot of controls...below i am showing proportional (linear extend....just drag the first pole and the rest will follow a linear pattern...the last one will have no movement at all)

proportional.jpgBest Regards

Kapil

Genius
Genius

Hi @kapilsharma  X-Form does the job! And also thank you for sharing your practice!

Genius
Genius

but still if you find it worth ...X-Form has lot of controls...below i am showing proportional (linear extend....just drag the first pole and the rest will follow a linear pattern...the last one will have no movement at all)

I just realize that X-Form > Proportional would change the shape of the main body of the surface to be "extended".

Alias' Extend seems to do some refitting work in the "extending" process to achieve certain combined result of both "Enlarge" and "Snip" in NX.

GUID-74697DAB-33CC-4510-88A8-AF1496E06414.pngAlias' Extend with 3 manipulators for "skewed" enlargement

Any suggestions on how to do it in NX would be appreciated!