Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

floating license

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I have my floating license.

License Server is installed directly in my laptop.

but why is it that everytime that my laptop is disconnected in our domain, I cannot use NX.????

error is -

"NX license error. Cannot Connect to license server system. The Server(lmgrd) has not been started yet, or SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER is set to the wrong port@host. [-15]"

*already checked the environmental variables, correct settings of SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER.

*tried to restart, stop and reread license file in the lmtools - FAILED!

*I have another floating license which is installed in another laptop that I use for demo, this works fine everytime even if it is disconnected in our domain server. I already looked at the lmtools but they seem to have the same setting or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help

~Sen

6 REPLIES

Re: floating license

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Run the getcid.exe in the C:\Program Files\Siemens\PLMLicenseServer  folder when both connected and unconnected to the domain.

See if the composite ID listed in the license file disappears when disconnected from the domain.

It's likely that the device the CID is attached to disappears/disables when not domain connected.

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Solution Partner Legend
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try this when the owner of this laptop got back in our office.

If this is really the case, do you know what can we do to get rid this error?

Thanks!

~Sen

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Ask Siemens to do a change of hostID and get the composite ID changed to one that doesn't disappear in either configuration.

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Phenom
Phenom

Buy a network card usb, ask Siemens to associate the license to the mac adress of this card. So you can use your license on all computers you want when you want simply by moving the USB key. So your license will become node locked.

Solution Partner Legend

It sounds like the licensing application can't identify your laptop because it's no longer connected to a DNS server.

Have you tried changing your SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER environment variable to 28000@locahost?

Alternatively, you can edit the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and add a line that links 127.0.0.1 to whatever your laptop's name is. Then you can leave the SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER environment variable as it is.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Solution Partner Legend

I just found the error.

I cannot connect my device to its own local host.

There is another localhost in my driver that is named "HOST" with a different ip address.

I just deleted this HOST. I can now use my license very well.

Thanks all. Smiley Happy