Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling analysis results

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
In surfacing work, analysis tools, such as Show Poles and Show Knots, are simply toggles, and therefore handy for any specific curve or surface.

But other tools, Curve Analysis and Section Anaysis, are not toggles. When I need them for a specific curve or surface, I creat them instantly and delete them immediately after the examination, and create/delete it again next time.

I know that, if I keep the results, they would go to the Analysis folder. But to retrieve the analysis result for a specific curve or surface seems to be a big challege, if not impossible.

I believe many of you would not create/delete the analysis result frequently. Hope to know how you handle this. Thanks!
5 REPLIES

Re: handling analysis results

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Another option would be to move the analysis objects to a dedicated layer that you could turn on/off as needed.

Edit: Also note that you can rename the analysis object so that you can more easily find the one of interest in the analysis folder.

Phenom
Phenom
@surfactant,

Hide/Show should be another option. The Analysis Objects will all appear under the same folder by default, then I believe they are subdivided into different groups by default - pick all Analysis Objects or just the subfolder0 then Hide/Show as needed....same prinicple that @cowski is touching on, just a different medium for controlling visibility.
-Tim

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @cowski1 @TimF, Thank you both for sharing! It seems to be great if Hide/Show Curve Analysis or Section Analysis appear in the RMB menu for curves and surfaces.

Phenom
Phenom

@surfactant,

You can do this by using the Customize option, then clicking on the Shortcuts tab, then select the object (such as a Line, Arc and/or Spline) then adding whatever commands you want to that mouse button toolbar.  You will have to do this for each entity (once for a line, once for an arc, once for a spline - not sure how NX will behave with Sketch based curves or Studio Splines).  I've done such things for Drafting Views and it doesn't always work out for EVERY view type.

-Tim

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @TimF   Great to know the shortcut menu of a specific type of object can be customized. I've added Curve Analysis and Section Anaysis buttons. Very handy. Thank you!