Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

hole series option in reusable component

Hi, some of the standard parts have the option "hole series" in the 'Create Pocket' section, so that when the reusable object is added to an assembly, the pocket is created at the assembly level (as 'Hole Series feature) and not in each single component.

I cannot get to have this option when I create my own reusable object: maybe the reusable object needs to have a Thread feature in order to have tis option available, or maybe there is some attribute to set?

REUS 01.JPGHere (left) is the image of the option I am talking about. It is in the Standard-Ansi Metric-Bolt-Hex Head.

Below is what I get when I create my own: no option for Hole Series, only "Subtract".

REUS 02.JPG

8 REPLIES

Re: hole series option in reusable component

[ Edited ]

Why are you posting virtually the same item over and over again?  If you feel that you need to make a change or add to your original post, simply edit it or post a reply yourself, don't start another thread from scratch.  Also note that you can go back and delete any of your own posts so I would recommend that you leave the one in place that represents what you're try to get information and delete the rest.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

ok sorry, I am in a place where the connection is very slow, so it is very difficult to understand what has been posted and what not

I deleted the duplicate posts.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success

thank you

Laurus

[ Edited ]

thank you Mike, but this seems only valid for Assembly fastener, not for
single reusable component?
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laurus
yesterday

[ Edited ]

Yes, Hole Series work only for assemblies. Basic NX Hole creation comand is at a very primitive stage and I don't think it could handle what you looking for. I guess, you need to find work arounds like having differnt screws for each reuseable fastner pocketing type Screw-C/B, Screw-Clrn_Hole, Screw_Thread, etc.

I found some other workarounds with this NX Hole creation comand and hoping to make some contribution to Knowledge Base later.  

Even Basic NX Hole creation Tool needs lots of improvements. Normally with screw mounting, there are Dowels! where is it?

mf_er_20170119.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 10.0.3.5 + PDW

thank you very much for the good explanation.

Laura