Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create details of each component of assembly in drafting

Pioneer
Pioneer

hi all,

is there any procedure to create details of every component of assembly in only one drafting sheet.

suppose i have butter fly valve which has 8 components.i want to create isometric view in sheet.then

i want to create atleast two views of every component in same sheet and also BOM.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS?

4 REPLIES

Re: how to create details of each component of assembly in drafting

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Look into using arrangements.  You can have many different assembly arrangements with certain parts suprressed.  Then when you create your views in your drawing of specific arrangments.  For your Bom you can only have one.  (there is an enviroment variable for this you can have more than one but you will not be able to autoballon)  So make your main arrangment have all of your parts that you want in your BOM> 

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

This would be a good use of the drafting components...

Create your drawing file, add your valve asssembly as a component of the drawing file. You can add views of your valve assembly and add a parts list as desired.

Now for the drafting components:

Add a new base view, in the part selection portion of the dialog, select the desired valve component file; this will add a view of that individual part which you can then detail as necessary. Repeat for the other components.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
One other consideration is "Hide Component in View". You can add a view of the assembly and use Hide Component in View to hide everything except the component(s) you want to show.

Menu > Assemblies > Context Control > Hide Components in View

Regards, Ben

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

For yet another option, you could use "layers visible in view". Place each component on its own layer and turn off the other layers in the "component" view.

I don't really recommend this method, it is a pain to set up and maintain and it will run into trouble if you have more than 256 unique components. Also it will be confusing to new users.