Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to solve substract problem

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@N12X wrote:
thank you for care this question, but the actual situation is the swept model, this situation is the cylinder turning process, I want to simulation the process of material was removed, and then view the details of the machined surface

Have you looked at the "swept volume" command? It might give a more accurate result for your machining operation. However, if the helix pitch is smaller than the diameter of the cutting tool, you'll probably still run into modeling issues.

Pioneer
Pioneer
thank you

Pioneer
Pioneer

this is a model in files

Pioneer
Pioneer

thank you, it is also a failure when decreasing section curve 33.JPG

Pioneer
Pioneer
the swept volume command requires that the tool body must be a cylinder.thank you

From your picture, it looks like you have decreased the pitch; that is the opposite to what you need to do. Make the pitch larger and/or make the section narrower so that the resulting swept body doesn't intersect itself.

The swept volume command needs a solid created from a revolved profile, not necessarily a cylinder. If you are making a threaded type cylinder as shown on the help page, it will result in a more accurate representation of the actual machined part.

Pioneer
Pioneer
thank you, I will try now

Pioneer
Pioneer

I used swept volume command, it is also a failure.

55.JPG

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @N12X 

As I told you swept feature has a self intersection warning.

That is because your tool is too big related to your helix pitch. Make the tool diameter smaller or make the pitch bigger.

self intersection-1.jpg