mirror assembly

Builder
Builder

hello experts,,

as we know the fabulous command in NX that assembly mirror

but today i have query in that,

what is diffrent bet^n accociate & non accociate mirror

i used both of it,,,,

but my application like that if i mirror some part /assembly,,& will it modify in future ,,,mirror part should be also modifiy automatically,,,is there any option to do that ,,,,

i cant do this right now,,,where i am wrong i cant understand

is there any solution for that guys

thanks

Warm Regards
Thomas Roman
Machine Designer
7 REPLIES

Re: mirror assembly

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think when mirrored the parts created are "wavelinked" to the original so if you modify the original they also modify (simetrically). You cant create a mirrored assembly where the position is associated, if you move one part that have possitioned mirrored (same part) it wont update 

Creator
Creator
big limitation is that mirror assembly is not associative. All others CAD have mirror assembly associative, but NX 11 on 2017 no.
Thank you...

Creator
Creator

Follow below link to create mirror linked part forhttps://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:xid1128417:index_assemblies:interpart_modeling:wave_topics:xid384602:xid384603

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Thomas_Roman,

What is your intent?

Regards,
Ganesh

Builder
Builder

hello@Ganesh_Kadole

actually i wanna mirrorr assembly which should be update if i updare that part/aasembly  in future,,currently i mirror some part,,& modify that parent part the mirror part cant be modified automatically,,,my application is that ,,if i modify part (parent part )after mirrored in future anytime,,,,,should be mirror part automatically change

thanks

Warm Regards
Thomas Roman
Machine Designer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

actually i wanna mirrorr assembly which should be update if i updare that part/aasembly  in future,,currently i mirror some part,,& modify that parent part the mirror part cant be modified automatically,,,my application is that ,,if i modify part (parent part )after mirrored in future anytime,,,,,should be mirror part automatically change

Well if I update the position of the parent component in the assembly then it gets updated for the mirrored component also (created using the asseociative option). Same if I update the part/component geometry. Could you please share some snaps or assembly part files.

Regards,
Ganesh

Builder
Builder

hello@Ganesh_kadole

for eg.see in this screenshot i attached it ,,in assembly i mirrored both side shaft ,,,but in that ,,,after editing of shaft,,, assembly not updated,,even i used accosiative mirror assembly,,,

assembly mirror part.JPGmirrored end shaft both side

Warm Regards
Thomas Roman
Machine Designer