Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

node locked license

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Our license server manages a mix of floating and node locked licenses. We are upgrading a few workstations, at least one of which uses a node locked license. I got some paperwork from my reseller that asks for the old/new composite host ID. The new computer (a laptop) lists 2 composite ID's (one for the ethernet connection, the other for the wireless). Which one should I report for the license change? Does it matter?

3 REPLIES

Re: node locked license

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello,

normally you should use the first CID in the list but you need to be sure that Windows doesn't deactivate this connection if it is not used otherwise the license daemon can't check if it is the correct machine. So if you are running your notebook to connect to the Siemens PLM License Server via the Ethernet adapter you should use this CID.

Hope this helps and kind regards,

Wolfgang

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I'm a bit confused.

You said you've got a license server (so I assume a single one), that serves floating & node locked licenses.

You then mention you're upgrading a few workstations, at least one which uses a node locked bundle.

From that understand that the license server is not being upgraded at all?

Only some clients are changing, at least one of which is using a node locked license.

I ask this because what then concerns me is that you then mention the composite ID.

The composite ID is only used for the license server.

The node locks in the license are made to either the MAC address of a client computer or a Siemens USB dongle.

If the form you're filling out is the same I use for my customers, the old & new CID should be the same if the server is staying the same. We then add an addendum sheet and list the old & new MAC addresses for the node locks.

Email me direct ( I know you've got my email address) and I can show you an example of what we use.

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

We are upgrading some users' workstations, not the actual license server. One (or more) of the users have a node locked license. I assume that we'll have to get an updated license file to correctly tie the new hardware to the license.

*email sent