Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

nx complete part list is not appearing

hi all,

i am using nx 9.i have created assembly and open drafting application.

when i tried to insert part list only one row is appearing and not a single part of assembly is listed.

how to resolve this?

7 REPLIES

Re: nx complete part list is not appearing

What does the assembly navigator look like?

Before getting a screen image, right-click in a blank area -> "expand all"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled

every things seems ok.but still i am not able to get the part list in drafting for assebmly.

Hi,

Are the components in the assembly "REFERENCE ONLY" parts. That might be one of the reasons why they are not visible in your part list.

Best Regards

Kapil

how to show the part name in part list if it is reference only in assembly?

how to off the reference only status of component?

In Assembly, open the Assembly Navigator, right click on the component and select "Properties".

reference_only.jpg

If the components are not marked as "reference only", does the BOM show the component in Structure Manager in Teamcenter?

It is possible there is an issue w/ the structure that was saved in Teamcenter. If the structure in TC isn't correct, you may want to delete the BOM View Revision in TC. Then open the assembly again using the "Load As Saved" Assembly Load Option in NX. As long as your customer defaults/options are set to "Update Structure on Save" it should recreate the BOM View Revision (this may automatically happen without this option set, but I'm not sure if it will create one or only update an existing BOM).

Hope that one of those items would help. 

If you want to force the TC structure to update, all you need to do is change the assembly in NX (change a component's reference set, save, change back, save again) (or (add a dummy component, save, delete the dummy component, save again)

Choose your poison :-)

Note attributes (PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER, PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY) can also be used to suppress component visibility in the parts list.

And there is a concept of a "Parts List Level" - search the docs for that

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled