Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nx1867 can open nx1872 files?

It's only a curiosity, I'm working on NX12 and I wil not upgrade till siemens give the possibility to save for previous version.

Anyway whit nx 1867 it's possibile to open a file created in nx1872?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: nx1867 can open nx1872 files?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Speziali_Bruno ,

Answer is No. Since NX1867 is a MU (Monthly Update) release of NX1847 series it's like NX1847. NX1872 series is next higher release, so you won't be able to open NX1872 files in NX1847 or in its MU releases.

NXDownload.JPG

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

so the fable of continuos release it's only a joke.
Siemens is like Italian Government. There was a tax on the house called ICI .... in the electoral campaign they said we will remove the ICI .... after the election they remove ICI and introduce IMU , one tax on the house .....

I am increasingly disappointed

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@Speziali_Bruno we maintain forward compatiblity as we always have. You can open a file within any monthly release of the same series, so an 1867 file can be opened in 1847 as its the same series. However once you jump to the next series. eg from 1847 series to 1872 series then you cannot go back. CR is all about easier and cheaper deployment with fixes or enhancements coming monthly between major release series.

Regards

Paul

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I understand that you want to avoid 'version' numbers, but would it not be helpful for users to more easily understand what is a new 'series'?

For example having a series 1847 that has a monthly release 1867 and then the next series is 1872, who knows at a glance that 1872 is a different series? It would be much clearer to have something more like 1847 with 1867 as now, but then 1972 as the next series. At least we can see there has been a significant change in series number.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Dell 7530 Precision, Win10, 32GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX12.0.2 MP1]

Genius
Genius

I guess CR is an improvement, but in my opinion is a small improvement not the great improvement it was advertised.

What I think is confusing is the "series naming". The previous naming was more understandable than the current. Maybe the Simcenter3D naming would have been a better aproach, I mean 2019.1, 2019.2, 2020.1, 2020.2...

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@Javiduc not sure what the expectation was but in a nutshell one main reason for CR was to reduce the cost of deploying upgrades typically seen with the previous 12-15 month release cycles. We also want our customers to benefit from having enhancments/fixes more regularly, hence the monthly updates. We also removed the need to make sure the NX and TC versions were compatible with the inception of CR. NX is and always will be upwardly compatible, the ability to open a file thats 25+ years old is not a problem. As for the naming it is hierarchal and it should be clear in the release notes when its a different series.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Side note:

About.jpgBack_Compat.jpg

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I think of it like this, MU's = MP's.  MR's = New Version/Maintance Release.

The naming is a night mare though...I know it's based on significant years in Siemens history, but as a consumer of the product, a decoder ring would be nice.  I'm on these forums almost daily, and I get the email updates, but when I go thru the update plans with IT, and Management, or I get asked, "what version are we on now?", "what version is next?"  Well, imagine the looks I get, when I have to reply, "We are on 1867 of the 1847 series, and we will probably go to 1876 of the 1872 series".  It was a lot easier to explain when you were on 11, going to 11.0.2, or 11, going to 12.

I am very curious what happens when Siemens runs out of significant dates in their history, and is caught up to the current year Smiley Happy

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Dave beat me to it, but here is the help for the last 2 series of NX. 

Versions.png

Scott