Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: nx1867 can open nx1872 files?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Two more points of note, from the official CR FAQ.

Q: Is the traditional NX release numbering changing with the Continuous Release?

A: Yes, with Continuous Release the vision is to remove the focus on release numbering as the ‘decoder ring’ from the mindset of customer in terms of perceived quality and deployment readiness. Each new release is purely “NX”.

It's "purely NX", only in the title bar, anything else requires a new decoder ring.

Q: Currently I can “roll back” from a point release (from 11.0.2 to 11.0.1 for example) and my data is still compatible, how will this work in the new process?

A: With Continuous Release customers will still have the ability to “roll back” as they do today, however, we will be introducing some validation checks and policies on how far customers can roll back to prevent any compatibility issues.

"Policies and checks"...from the sounds of it, it's going to be every 6 months, when the new "series" is released?  I was given the impression, that older releases would be able to open newer releases, but that certain features, etc., would not work, and you would be warned, much like 11.0.2 files opening in 11.0.  Again, this was what I gathered from a rep I was talking to, and not anything I read.  Giving the benefit of the doubt, I may have read too much into it.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Good question at the end, I will have retired before then ;-)

Siemens Legend

@DaveK certainly older releases in the series can open new release part files in the same series as you . Enabling an older release to open a newer release far more tricky and I have not seen any plans to do that  

sorry but in nx12 siemens released 1 update every month this year so were is the real advantage of CR? They only change the name nx 1867 instead nx13 14 etc etc....

viva la revolucion

Siemens Legend

@Speziali_Bruno that is incorrect, not in NX 12.  1847 was the first CR, followed by series. 1851,1855 etc and in June it changed to 1872 release.