Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open helical shape

Pioneer
Pioneer

Actually, I want to straight the surface or curve from below part. How we can do it in NX 10?Snap1.jpg

5 REPLIES

Re: open helical shape

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Have you tried using the "Flattening" function in Surfacing?

This was a new function in NX 10 (which has been enhanced for NX 11)

I just tried a similar part that I created quickly and it works nicely.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Are you sure the "flattening" command shown in your screenshot is in the production release of NX 10? Using the 'advanced' role, that command doesn't show up anywhere for me (NX 10.0.3.5).

I saw a demo of that command (or a similar one) at a RUG event last fall and we were told it would be in NX 11.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

In 10.0.3 it can be enabled, BUT, the output is a non-associative body

In NX 11 is the full on feature, it creates a feature in the feature tree, it's associative.

It also supports reforming of curves etc.

Phenom
Phenom

I got curious, so I looked in the NX 10.0.3 "whats new" and I didn't see it mentioned, is there more info on this someplace?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I've attached an example with several solutions - some produce flat pattern curves, others will deform the surface.  They each have their own tolerances and produce different results (some use material properties), so you'll have to decide which one suits your need:

• Global Shaping
  • One Step Formability
  • Metaform
  • Flattening (For NX10, set NX_SHOW_FLATTENING=1)
  • Fabric Flat Pattern (set to layer 10 - visible only, so turn it off to hide the curve when you load the part)

The only one which I had problems with was Global Shaping.  It works until the helix goes beyond 360 degrees.

Regards, Ben