Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pack non-timestamp geometries?

Genius
Genius

"Non-timestamp Geometry" node in Part Navigator is a great addition of NX 11.0.2.

I noticed that some composite geometry can be unpacked into single geometries. I wonder whether it is possible to pack single geometries, e.g. those lines shown, into a composite geometry? Thanks!

ScreenClip.png

6 REPLIES

Re: pack non-timestamp geometries?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

would placing them in an object Group do what you are looking for?

Steve V

Genius
Genius

Hi, @StevenVickers

Yes, so far object Group is ok.

Object "Group" gives a list of selected geometries, both feature and featureless. "Non-timestamp Geometry" gives a COMPLETE list of and could be a good place to manage featureless geometries, but seems to be too early to be used as a serious organizing tool.

Thanks for your reply!

Siemens Phenom

If I understand your picture correctly, I think that if you assign the same name to the objects, you will be able to pack them. If they each have a different name then you won't.

If individual names are not critical, you could select them all, right click on properties and then assign a new name or delete the existing names by using the (X) icon. Either way, you will be able to pack them.

Regards,
Abe

Genius
Genius

Hi @Abeinjapan,

I follow your method, changing a series of lines with the name "LINE9" to "LINE10", and getting a series of single "LINE10". Changing to the same name in properties seems to fail to pack them together. Thanks!

ScreenClip [11].png        ScreenClip [12].png

Siemens Phenom

@surfactant I'm not sure why you can't get it to work. Please look at the video below:

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe

Genius
Genius

Hi @Abeinjapan

I see why I failed. I should have gone a step further. Thank you!