Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point set intersection doesn't work

Hi 

I've experienced a problem with NX 8.5. 

I created a set of isoparametric curve on a surface and also extracted the edge of the surface.

6.PNG

Now I want to know the intersections of a certain isoparametric curve (yellow curves) and the surface edge (blue curve). Take one "long" isoparametric curve for example, it intersects the edge twice and the intersection points should be where as shown below.

7.PNG

However, Point set intersection command tells me that there's no intersection between my selected curves.

8.PNG

But when I use Point intersection command for the same set of curves, NX is able to find the intersection.

9.PNG

Is it this a bug? If yes, is there any work around on finding these two intersection points?

Thanks in advance

Stephan

4 REPLIES

Re: point set intersection doesn't work

Phenom
Phenom

an alternative using point set

Doesn't answer why Point set at intersection doesn't work

Point Set.PNG

Thank you for the reply.

But in the cases where we have a curve on a surface that intersects another curve on the surface for N times, we want to know all the intersection points. There seems to be no way to do it in NX? 

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Stephan , it seems that you have found a bug here.

Call the Gtac and submit an IR.

Why do you need to find all intersections ?

( -I have never heard somebody ask for it before.)

Maybe Gtac can propose a workaround to find all the intersections.

Former Catia user ?

- You should not need to extract the curve from the edge to perform this action, using the edge is equally valid but less work.

Regards,

Tomas

Hi Tomas, 

Yes, I am a former CATIA user. 

When I was working with CATIA, if they find two solutions from the intersection function, they will prompt the user to select one of them or keep all of them. But NX would not do the same. NX will just keep one of them. So I thought maybe I should use point sets function in NX.

Stephan