Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Publish Technical Data Package" NX1874

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Thanks for the feedback.

@sdeters : can you provide any of the Blog or other locations where this was not clear so we can learn from that and do it better next time?

All of the slides and other collateral we have been using for our internal and Partner training (and earlier for Beta) are very careful to mention TDP would not be included in any other products and available only as the new product NX30186. But maybe it did not get carried to all sources that used that info.

I have always tried to refer verbally to "the new TDP product" to try to be clear, but not sure if that nuance made it through the edits of the video of me posted to the Blogs. Sorry if I'm the source of the confusion.

It does get lumped in with other new PMI functionality, like PMI Compare and PMI Renew, so I can see it might get lumped in with "general enhancements".

The only pre-req for TDP, BTW, is Gateway.

Genius
Genius

@PatMcManus : I think it could be made clearer what the licence requirements are for the new features and enhancements. I always ask about licencing during presentations to clarify this, so I was aware that TDP needed additional licencing. The change in format of the beta testing away from presentations can make it more difficult to determine this information.

Could a document be made available on GTAC showing the licences and any pre-requisites so that we know when additional licences are required.

I think TDP is a great addition to NX and we are planning to use it when we upgrade later this year.

Mike

NX 12.0.0 TC11.3 VMU 11.3

Phenom
Phenom

@PatMcManus 

The first place I saw this, was during a Webinar that was held by Lifecycle Insights and NX by Dave Wingrave.  I sent Dave message after the fact, and he mentioned TDP was a value added solution.  I kind of took that both ways, value added for us, or value added for Siemens.   It still was not clear to me, which was my misunderstanding of the terminology value added.   

I really enjoy your feedback, and the information that you always provide.

Thanks

Shane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

I do not understand, why this function is an extra license!? In SolidEdge - also from Siemens it is an OOTB-Function to create 3D-PDF´s. Why do NX-customers have to pay extra for it?

Michael

Michael Eichelberg, CAD-Consultant, Dr. Wallner Engineering Nord GmbH
Production: NX11.0.2, NX12.0.2
Development: Batch and VB Testing: NX(1847, 1851, 1872)

Re: "Publish Technical Data Package" NX1847

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Will this package work with the Demo License?

@cevans 

It works with the Beta Test License

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cevans !

I assume you mean: "is TDP it available with your Partner Bundle?".

It should be.

There were some Partners having issues with that when new licneses shipped in January. So if you have problems with it, I suggest you review the Partner Forum to see if your issue was already addressed and if not post your situation and we can help you sort that out. 

But to be clear on the Tc Support part of the query, that's part of TDP will not available until the June release, so for now, as @Didier_PSI-CAD noted, you can only test it for now with the Beta/EAP release and license.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When will it be possible to add a "parts list" table like it works in drafting? There is a BOM table available, but you can not change anything. It would be nice if you could fill the table with your own part attributes.

W10 NX12.0.2.9
testing v1847