Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations"

I have a large assembly, full front and rear suspension, with expressions to kinematically move it, via assebmly constraints.  Yesterday I had it all in a state that I liked, so I saved a bookmark, so I would be in the same state when I started this morning.  But, when I try to open the bookmark, it fails, with the error, "UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations"

If I just open the file from Tc, I don't get this, just warnings on read only files, as expected.

Any thoughts on why the bookmark doesn't work?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
12 REPLIES

Re: "UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations"

Dave,

The message itself is fairly generic.  Can you send the log file excerpt from the portion of the log above and below the message?

Hopefully I snipped enough.

>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx_part.c" at line number 908
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx_part.c" at line number 916
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx_part.c" at line number 1085
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx_part.c" at line number 1129
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx_part.c" at line number 1196
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx_part.c" at line number 1251
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx.c" at line number 862
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx.c" at line number 1449
PLM2NX: Failed to load bookmark: UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\occ\no\ind\plm2nx.c" at line number 1472
Teamcenter Integration: Total Wait time for FMS download   0.192s

PLMXML processing results :-

E: Failed to load bookmark: UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations

>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\assy\no\ind\bkmplm_open.c" at line number 468
>>>> Error code  600018 caught in file "D:\workdir\Reference\NX903_4\src\assy\no\ind\bkmplm_open.c" at line number 587
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE OUT 1
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE OUT 1
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Could not open Y:\Engineering\Design Engineering Dept\DK\Bookmarks\CFD_Kinematic.plmxml.
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT  The following files could not be loaded, causing this open to fail:
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT  
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT      C16-07-086 CFD Full Car, with Kinematic Suspension/01  - UPDATE/DELETE has gone through too many iterations
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT      C15-10-088 Rear Clip Sheetmetal Assembly 2014.7 INT/01 - Read-only part is modified. You will no
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT  t be able to save the changes to it.
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT      C14-10-836 Doghouse, INT, 2014.7/03                    - Read-only part is modified. You will no
&MACRO MESSAGE_TEXT  t be able to save the changes to it.
&MACRO MENU, 0, UG_LWIN_FILE_EXIT ListingWindowMenuBar !
&MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
&MACRO MENU, 0, UG_FILE_LOAD_OPTIONS UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR <RibbonFileBar->BackStageBar->RightBackStageGroup->rbn_backstage_right_preferences.csb> ## ! 
UNDO_UG: Recyclable status of mark 1698  set to False 
-Dave

Dave,

As near as I can tell from the log file, it appears that the bookmark file is failing to load due to a 'load interpart data' setting.

However, I do not have anything to suggest to fix your issue.

I think this is an issue that you will need to contact GTAC for resolution.

Hi All,
any news on this topic?

The same problem "UPDATE/DELETE has gone..." 
Assembly was created in NX8.5 and cannot be open in NX10...

Cannot open from WLD or from PDM lvl ...
I try many variants of Load Options  ... still nothing...

Does anyone have any idea how to solve it ?
Any solution ?

Was the GTAC call created ???  

Thank you in advance for any info.
BR
Radek

Radoslaw POPOWICZ
Global CAD Admin | ITCAD/PDM | Sulzer

RonY's original response was correct. The UPDATE/DELETE message is a generic message thrown when NX has detected a loop in an update procedure. From what I recall it will attempt the same procedure several times before the message is raised and this is to prevent your session from hanging.

It's unlikely that the resolution to DaveK's issue above will fix your issue, though the steps to troubleshoot the problem to identify the root cause will be similar.

Are you also loading from a bookmark?
As you're opening an assembly you need to consider how to prevent interpart updates from occurring as that assembly opens - such as disabling Delay Assembly Constraint update, or Delay Geometry, Expressions and PMI update (Tools > Update > Interpart Update). You could also consider opening using Structure Only (with Load Interpart disabled) to see if the problem is related to the assembly itself or a lower level - allowing you to address issues further down your structure so you don't have to load the entire assembly each time. A call to GTAC might save you some time.

Regards, Ben

Assuming it is an assembly...

Try setting load options to "Structure only" and don't load ANY components

Then set the "current feature" to the first feature in the file

Then start opening components/sub assemblies

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled

I created IR 7657794.

In our case, the solution was to recreate the bookmark.

-Dave

Thanks  to All,

That’s right all you write is truth …
but I would say all it’s as a nice workaround … I think you agree with me.

I suppose to check all possible assembly load options…  and it works with two cases -as suggested by all Smiley Happy

1st case:

Load = STRUCTURE ONLY

Load Interpart Data = NONE or not set

But then all assembly structure need to be selected and loaded… one by one…
finally get info Update Event List about Found Expressions… then >OK< object loaded.

This reference IPE object was saved updated… whatever… is possible…

2nd  case:

Load = AS SAVED

Load Interpart Data = NONE or not set

Assembly loaded (as saved in this case with whole structure).

-----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----     

It always fail to load due to the IPE related data.

-----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----    

But even after the structure is loaded IPE updated and assembly saved.

It’s not possible to open next time in any case with “our” default load options.
By default I mean:

Load = All COMPONENTS

Load Interpart Data = ALL LEVELS

-----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----    

Also tested all above proposed settings..  

Including bookmarks, I created  a bookmark and loaded it from a bookmarks with below settings:

Load = All COMPONENTS

Load Interpart Data = ALL LEVELS

And it was open successfully … but in our case it’s not a solution … Smiley Sad

We are using PTC Windchill WGM as a CAD/PDM integration.

PDM is not a problem it's the same behavior out of Windchill.

@ Ben, DaveK, we do not use bookmarks…

@ DaveK thx for creating the call Smiley Wink

Let's keep searching...   

Cheers

Radek

Radoslaw POPOWICZ
Global CAD Admin | ITCAD/PDM | Sulzer

Once you get the assembly open, try doing a part cleanup on all parts in the assembly.

Save everything

Close everything (maybe even close NX)

then try re-opening the assembly with your standard load optiioins & see what happens

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled