cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"What's New" pdf no longer supplied with new releases

Creator
Creator

NX 12 was released today, so I excitedly went looking for the "What's New" .pdf. To my dismay, it doesn't exist. Investigating further, it wasn't supplied with NX 11 either. The last version to include it was NX 10.

I prefer to read these on my tablet and mark up the topics that will matter to my organization once we upgrade. That's much harder to do with the web version. Additionally, with the hierarchical nature of the web version, it's very difficult to walk through the entire What's New to make sure I don't miss anything important.

Does anyone know why the pdf was dropped? Is there a good substitute?

8 REPLIES

Re: "What's New" pdf no longer supplied with new releases

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Looks like it's built into the NX Help Documentation.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Phenom
Phenom

Anyone else get a virus warning when unziping the NX12 install?  @BenBroad something to be concerned about?

NX12_unzip.JPG

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom

@DaveK,

Looking into it.

Regards, Ben

Does anyone know why the pdf was dropped? Is there a good substitute

Hi @jonparkinson,

As per IR 9002042,

"Siemens PLM has decided to move away from supplying the 'What's New' guide in PDF format as it isn't designed as a standalone deliverable, but rather as part of the overall NX Help collection. The Documentation server contains what has been officially provided in PDF format, with the 'What's New' guide PDF formally discontinued in NX11."

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Siemens Phenom

Hi @DaveK,

A virus checker raised a false-positive on a file (launchcpucheck.exe) included in the zipped install kit. The executable was removed from the download zip file, and has since been replaced on the FTP server.  The executable was used pre-installation to check CPU support and is not critical to the function of the installation or products.  The executable has been relinked and virus detection reports a clean executable, however we are holding the executable off the zip image until a future release to allow for additional testing.

Thank you for raising this issue promptly.

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend
You can access it online here
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help/#uid:index_whatsnew
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2017 r2
Testing:NX12 EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro K2200 on Win10 Pro

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What I would do...

Click on Rob's link

Click on the "Show / hide topics" button (all the way to the left)

now you can expand the "what's new in NX12" topic, and work your way down page by page

if you wan it in one document, copy/paste each page/section from your browser to a MS Word document (this will get all the pictures, etc.)

Now you can print the Word document

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator
Thanks Ken. That's not a great solution for creating a pdf, but it looks like the only option short of scraping the website. The Show/Hide tip will certainly help in walking through all the documentation. Thanks!