Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference parts in assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

i have an assembly drawing in which two parts they mentioned with phontom lines i.e reference parts which is used in assembly to constrain other parts but that will not come in bill of materials(BOM). if i add those two parts in assembly it will show in BOM. so is there any way to do the assembly?

3 REPLIES

Re: reference parts in assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ref part in assembly.jpg

One way to remove items you don't want in the BOM is highlight you BOM and RMB (right mouse button for me) so you get the pop up window (see above) Select Edit Levels then in the Assembly Navigator window scroll down and deselect (CTRL button) the items you don't want in the BOM.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

So you want to add components to an assembly but not have them show up in your BOM?  Are you referring to the NX Parts List, the Teamcenter BVR (BOM) or both?

For NX, you can either use the Parts List "Edit Levels" option, or add an object attribute to the component.

Parts List Levels Overview

To prevent a component from appearing in the Teamcenter BVR you need to make the component "Reference-Only".  Right click on the component and choose Properties and select the Assembly tab.  Check the option "Component is Reference-Only".  You can still constrain to reference-only components.  Reference-only components will not appear in the NX Parts List.

Assembly Functions Overview

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

hai,

thanks for reply, 

after making component reference only can i perform weld between two components in which one component is reference only and if i perform weld options in assembly it is taking more time while loading assembly so is there any another way to peform weld other than weld assistant features?