Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference set updates but not the sketch associated with the reference set in NX12

Creator
Creator

We just upgraded to NX12 from NX10

I have a "master"model with ref sets and "master" drawings 000 to 004 that use the ref sets to create sketches. When a project is released, I copy the "master" drawings into the project folder and rename them with the project number.  I then open the 000 drawing which is looking at the "master" model, whick is what i want.  When I open 001, I have to do a Replace Component so it looks at the newly renamed project drawing.  My ref set updates in the drawing but an error pops up saying my sketch is now conflicting.  I did not have this iisu in NX10.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

Re: reference set updates but not the sketch associated with the reference set in NX12

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@Rolando wrote:

I have a "master"model with ref sets and "master" drawings 000 to 004 that use the ref sets to create sketches.

Are the sketches in the master model, or are they sketches on the drawing sheets?

When a project is released, I copy the "master" drawings into the project folder and rename them with the project number.  I then open the 000 drawing which is looking at the "master" model, whick is what i want. 

When I open 001, I have to do a Replace Component so it looks at the newly renamed project drawing.

001 is a drawing, correct?

So you use Replace Component on the master model?... to a new project drawing?  <--  please explain this step in more detail.

Thanks, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Re: reference set updates but not the sketch associated with the reference set in NX12

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Rolando wrote:

I have a "master"model with ref sets and "master" drawings 000 to 004 that use the ref sets to create sketches. When a project is released, I copy the "master" drawings into the project folder and rename them with the project number...

The best practice for copying files is to use the "save-as" or "clone" functionality. If you rename the files at the OS level, links will be broken.

Creator
Creator

Ben,

I use the replace component tool on the drawing side.  My master model and drawings have been approved and are ready for mfg. I dont want to make any changes to my model, if a revision is to be made, it is only in the drawings not the model. I copy my master drawings into the project folder,  there are multiple steps on the mfg side.  I take ref sets from the previous mfg step into the next mfg step drawing so i know where my stock is at. My drawing are linked as follows:

master model ref set is in dwg 000

000 ref set is in 001

001 ref set is in 002

002 ref set is in 003.

hope it makes sense

Highlighted

So you have drawings that are components of drawings?

Drawing_003

Drawing_002

Drawing_001             <-- Replace Component here to new Drawing_000?

Drawing_000

master_model

Creator
Creator
that's it

So I built the structure in NX 10 and followed what I think are the steps in NX 12 and I don't get any conflict messages. 

• Are you WAVE linking (or promoting) the geometry in the reference sets up to the next drawing level? 
  • Are the sketches that are reported as conflicting in modeling or on the drawing sheets?

Creator
Creator
We use WAVE linking. my coworker found what was causing our issue. The "Use Display Properties of Parent Part" box was unchecked. He checked the box and tested the change and all updated as before.

Thanks for your help and time.