Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove centerlines in sketch

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Is it possible to remove those centerlines in sketch? They appear very often and are really very annoying. Thanks!

Image.png

5 REPLIES

Re: remove centerlins in sketch

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Surfactant,

As they are geometrical constaints most people find them useful. However should you not want to see them you can just hide them while the sketch is active (CTRL+B and select the enteties you want to hide).

Best Regards

Fred

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Sandman

With your  method, the object would be hiden. It seems to come from "Point on Curve" and can't be hiden. Could you give more clues about how to hide it without hiding the related object? Thanks!

Image.png"Display Sketch Constraint" ON
Image.png"Display Sketch Constraint" OFF

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

surfactant wrote:

Hi @Sandman

With your  method, the object would be hiden. It seems to come from "Point on Curve" and can't be hiden. Could you give more clues about how to hide it without hiding the related object? Thanks!

Image.png"Display Sketch Constraint" ON
Image.png"Display Sketch Constraint" OFF

@surfactant, whenever there will be reference to the datum axes within the active sketch by means of driving dimension, auto dimension or geometric constraints, those dashed lines will appear. From 'Show and Hide' dialog (Ctrl+W), hide curves so that those dashed lines will get hide for the current active sketch.

Regards,
Ganesh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @GaneshKadole

It works. But then all the curves outside the active sketch would also be hiden along with the dash line. I'm a little surprized to know that the dashed line is handled by NX as a non-sketch curve. Anyway, since that's how NX works, I would settle on it.

Thanks!

Legend
Legend
Thanks @ganesh Kadole. That had been a mystery to me. Now I know!