Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: resources on aesthetic design cases

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Using hide and show on a feature will control the visibility of the graphical object that feature created or modified. However that graphical object has also been modified by other features (earlier or later in time), so those modifications will also be made visible.

Exception is if you do a make current feature earlier in the model features history.

You have to think of the Part Navigation Tool as construction steps in time. Usually you are looking at the end of time (as far as the model history is concerned). To see how the model looked at a previous time you should use Make Current Feature (RMB over feature).

Recommend using Feature Replay to walk though the time history of the model.

If you are constructing a house, hiding or removing a brick will make a hole in the wall, you need to look at a photograph made earlier in time to see how the house was built and what the building looked like when that brick was placed.

Steve V

Genius
Genius

Hi @StevenVickers   @Cesare

I just check with my other part files again. My past observation, "unhiding an intermediate feature would not make any later features unhiden", is simply WRONG. It's a false observation. But it's still difficult for me to understand why unhiding an early feature would make some late features unhiden automatically.

As you suggested, "Feature Replay" and "Make Current Feature" should be the right tools for reviewing a part.

Thank you so much!

Genius
Genius

Hi @StevenVickers   @Cesare

I just check with my other part files again. My past observation, "unhiding an intermediate feature would not make any later features unhiden", is simply WRONG. It's a false observation. But it's still difficult for me to understand why unhiding an early feature would make some late features unhiden automatically.

As you suggested, "Feature Replay" and "Make Current Feature" should be the right tools for reviewing a part.

Thank you so much!

Genius
Genius

@StevenVickers wrote:

Using hide and show on a feature will control the visibility of the graphical object that feature created or modified. However that graphical object has also been modified by other features (earlier or later in time), so those modifications will also be made visible.

Exception is if you do a make current feature earlier in the model features history.

You have to think of the Part Navigation Tool as construction steps in time. Usually you are looking at the end of time (as far as the model history is concerned). To see how the model looked at a previous time you should use Make Current Feature (RMB over feature).

Recommend using Feature Replay to walk though the time history of the model.

If you are constructing a house, hiding or removing a brick will make a hole in the wall, you need to look at a photograph made earlier in time to see how the house was built and what the building looked like when that brick was placed.

Hi @StevenVickers 

Great explanation, crystal clear! This is another milestone for me in understanding how NX works. Thank you!

Genius
Genius

Hi @Cesare

In building the "dome":

1. Through Curve Mesh can be used to patch the opening below directly. Do you absolutely avoid using points as primary curves in Through Curve Mesh?

Image.png

2. I tried to use Fill Surface to build the "dome" directly. But the three green curves can't be input for Fit to Curves. Do you have any comments?

Image.png

Thanks!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Ciao @surfactant

The reason why I avoid point in primary curves is explained in the image below in wich you can see the u-v of surfaces.

point.pngPlus you can better control the surface-s by adding other control curve.

Another solution could be the N-Side Surface, but you cannot control this exactly.

N-Side--.png

Genius
Genius

Hi @Cesare, got it. Thank you!