Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

round off dimensions in NX ?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I had the question from one of my users, : Is it possible to round off a drafting dimension, say 4635 to 4600 [mm]  ?
( relative large objects, buildings.)

I replied that if he would dimension in meters instead of millimeter, then he could set the number of decimals to accomplish that.  : 4.635m   ->  4.6m
But, He wants millimeter.  

Is it possible ?

Regards,

Tomas

4 REPLIES

Re: round off dimensions in NX ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I don't know of a good way to do that with the standard NX commands. However, I ran into a situation a while back where someone wanted to add "slack" to the length of some wire harnesses. I wrote a journal that would calculate the slack dimension and convert the dimension to manual text with the new value. Perhaps it could be used as a starting point and modified to accomplish what you want.

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=373211

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can replace the number by a manual text. In this text you can use associative expressions.

First you have to use an associative measure feature to get the 4635 as an expression.

Then go to the expression editor and make a new expression that calculates your rounded number.

Use this new expression as a text in the dimension.

Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @1u7obd,

As a workaround with the help of appended text and expressions, it can be done in a way as shown.

Use of 'mod()' in expression will give the expected result.

expround.PNG

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I like the suggestions of linking the text to an expression. That seems like a more robust solution than the journal that I linked to.