Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save and restore views

Creator
Creator

Hi, All!  I'm coming from Inventor, which has a cute feature called a "view cube" which allows the user to select any of 6 faces of a cube, or any of 8 corners of the cube and orients the model view to that.  I'd like to set some saved views in NX11 to the corner (isometric) views.  I found a way (I think) to set the view, menu>view>operation>saveas

I can't find how to go to the saved view.  I tried searching the NX community, tried googling, but I apparently am not using the right terminology, 'cuz I get everything BUT how to go to the saved view! Man Frustrated

How is this done?  Thanx

8 REPLIES

Re: save and restore views

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @lonesome-joe,

You can find all the views (OOTB + User Defined) under 'Model Views' node in the part navigator. Just double click on any view to make it as work view.

With active work view, select model views node > RMB > Add View or Add View Set. In this way you can create new user defined views directly from part navigator.

Model_Views.png

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi @lonesome-joe,

One more option to check your custom view:

click right mouse button in your graphics area -> Orient view -> custom view

custom_view.png

Thanks,

Rajendra

Creator
Creator
Whoop! Thanx, that's the ticket!

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi,

Does this feature restore layer selection as well? I'd like to save certain views with some levels on, then another view with a different set of levels on.

-Will

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Layers are not controlled by this command. What are you trying to show and not show by doing this? That may help someone find a solution to what you are trying to accomplish.

Scott

Creator
Creator

When Siemens company will made auto saving in NX?? It is so irritable when you have to do it every time by manual!!!!

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Not sure about auto saving but NX provides another option "Interval for Save Changes Reminder" in cutomer default , that gives reminder\aleart to user in fix time interval to save the part (whatever value user sets in customer defult).

autosave.png

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

RE: Auto-save

This has been discussed before.

Many Times.

UG used to have it (YEARS ago), but (pretty much) every user turned it off, as it would always save right when you were in the middle of doing something, so you would have to wait a couple minutes, and then try to remember what it is that you were intending on doing.

Although, with multi-threading, maybe the save could be done in a background thread, so the user can keep working while the part saves?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled