cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select symbolic thread in PMI

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm trying to figure out if I can select a symbolic thread to place a callout for it in model using PMI

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000
4 REPLIES

Re: select symbolic thread in PMI

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Brian,

Yes, whether you inserted a Threaded Hole, or added a Symbolic Thread to an existing Simple Hole you should be able to select a symbolic thread for a PMI Hole Callout. What problem are you observing? Is this a patterned hole, or a thread on a WAVE linked body?

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have tried the threads on a wavelinked body and a symbolic thread on a simple hole, in drafting or pmi while in the hole callout function, it will not select a symbolic thread

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Hi @brian1234,

Features are needed to create PMI callout dimensions. With wave link you can only use body or topology, not features. So you can not create a PMI hole callout dimension for wave linked body that has a symbolic thread.

The same is applicable to 'Wave PMI Linker' command. Except PMI hole callout, you can wave link PMI dimensions of type linear,radial,angular etc with body or topology.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there a way to setup a face on my subtraction tool with a manufacturing note by color and have it transfer to the tool when I subtract it out, then I can selet with PMI and add the note to an attribute?

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000