Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection rule can't be remembered

Genius
Genius
Every time I enabled "Stop at Intersection"  in command like Composite Curve or Thru Curve Mesh. When I opened the same command again, it was disabled by NX. Very annoying.

Do I miss something? Thanks!
6 REPLIES

Re: selection rule can't be remembered

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @surfactant,

Unless you reset individual dialog memory or 'Reset Dialog Memory' through user interface preferences, it should work.

For through curve mesh, it remembers the option stop at intersection for successive operations.

Phenom
Phenom
There are some commands that will do this in regards to dialog memory or "settings" of sorts - get used to small annoyances like this.
-Tim

Legend
Legend
The important function of Selection Intent options is that they are "remembered" by the feature when you edit it.

When creating a new feature, some default dialog box options and selection intent options are remembered in dialog box memory. Some settings are remembered, and some not. For example, in the Extrude dialog box, Distance options are remembered, but options like Draft and Offset are not. This dialog memory can be erased by clicking Reset on the dialog box. You have to keep in mind that some Selection Intent options might not apply, depending on what you select. For example, Stop AT Intersection and Follow Fillet do not apply when you are using Curve Rule = Region Boundary Curves.

Genius
Genius

Hi @TimF @GaneshKadole Thanks! It seems that I need to settle on the current way of working.

Hi @MarkLawry

You have to keep in mind that some Selection Intent options might not apply, depending on what you select. For example, Stop AT Intersection and Follow Fillet do not apply when you are using Curve Rule = Region Boundary Curves.

You are right. Thanks!

I just checked it again and am sure that: in Composite Curve,  both "Curve Rule" (Single Curve, Connected Curves, Tangen Curves) and "Stop at Intersection" are not remembered.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It could be that something (one or more of: user.mtx, dialogmemory.dlx, registry settings) has gotten corrupt somehow.

if you

- close all NX sessions

- rename/delete them

- open new NX session, try your stuff

- close & re-open NX

See if that fixes your problem.

Also, make sure you "OK" (rather than "Close") the dialog.  I know there are some things (info->Object display to "Info" window) that don't remember the setting if you "Close" the dialog.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

Hi @Ken_A Thanks for your suggestion!

I just delete user.mtx and dialogmemory.dlx and restart NX. But the problem persists: Composite Curve always uses the default selection rule -- "Tangent Curves" and "Stop at Intersection" disabled.