Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sewing sheets to solid bodies

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI there,

I am a fairly new NX user. I have been using NX10 for the past year. I just updated to NX11 upon release. I mainly use imported customer STP. or IGES. files for manufacturing. These customer files come in as sheet bodies.  In NX10, I mainly worked in history free mode. When sewing sheets to create solid bodies, if there there were gaps, untrimmed surfaces, surfaces that weren't tangent, etc. , these gaps would be highlighted.

In NX11, now when sewing, these gaps are not highlighted making it very difficult to fix the problem areas and create a solid body.

Is this is a default setting that needs to be checked or unchecked? Or is it a symptom of working in history mode?

Thanks for the Help,

Dbfoster24

6 REPLIES

Re: sewing sheets to solid bodies

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi @dbfoster24,

The behavior you have reported is likely the same as the issue reported by @yeqiong here:
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/NX11-suture-command-to-cancel-the-di...
I was also able to reproduce the problem in NX11.
@Paul_Bevan is looking into this.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

You could use examine geometry and look at sheet boundaries, it will show edges that are not right

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Pioneer
Pioneer

BenBroad,

Thanks! My issue is the same reported by @yeqiong . Any solution yet?

Best,

Dbfoster24

Pioneer
Pioneer

Brian1234,

Yes, this works but is a much longer process when dealing with a large amount of sheet bodies.

Thanks

Dbfoster24

Siemens Phenom
I've submitted an internal problem report (PR) and development are looking at it.

Ben

Siemens Phenom
I just received confirmation that this will be fixed in NX11.0.0 MP1 (available towards the end of September) and NX11.0.1.

Regards, Ben