Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheet body convert to solid body when NX is closed

Experimenter
Experimenter

I want to extract the outer surface of a sphere (solid body), that is a linked body (named : Solid Body "BALL").

To do that, I used the "Extract Geometry" function, as shown on the picture below. 

01.PNG

A "sheet body" is created I added it to the reference set to see it clearly (named : Sheet Body "BALL" in the reference set). The violet surface in the picture.

02.PNG

So far, so good ... 

But the problem is appearing, when I close NX. Once I reopen the part, the previous sheet body is converted into a solid body !! 

It looks like it was converted as a solid, but only when NX has been closed.

Now, there are two solid bodies and no more sheet body in the reference set.

03.PNG

It's very odd, because it's a simple function...

I absolutely don't understand why a sheet body is converted automatically into a solid body ! 

Please let me know, if you have already this problem Robot Frustrated

Cheers

Fabien

5 REPLIES 5

Re: sheet body convert to solid body when NX is closed

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@supermaon,

To be honest, I don't see anything showing that it's been converted to a solid. All I see is that it's being added to a different Reference Set.

Set your selection filter to Sheet Body & see if it highlights when you mouse over it. If it does, then you have an issue with your Reference Set.

Of couse, zipping & attaching the part files is always easier to diagnose....so please do that if you can.
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.7

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Try installing the latest patch, if you haven't already. I think the latest for NX 11 is 11.0.2 MP13.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Something's not right that's for sure - I couldn't reproduce this from scratch (tested NX 11 base and NX 11.0.2) and I couldn't find any previously reported cases.  As @TimF suggested, upload the file for us to review, or consider contacting your local GTAC support and have them investigate for you.

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good afternoon Tim,

Thank you for your answer, I put it inside a reference set to show my sheet body became a solid body (you can see this change between the second and the third image).

Unfortunately I cannot attach the part.

Cheers

Fabien

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello @BenBroad ! 
Thank you for your answer, we are still finding an explanation with GTAC support, the problem looks to be linked to this particular "linked body" ... 

When I created a new link thanks to WAVE, I can keep the sheet body as a sheet body. It's very weird. I keep you in touch if we find the reason.

Cheers