Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

sheet metal challenge

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everybody,

I must find a way to make sheet metal form like on picture, so just like light protection on lamp. So, one part, designed and bended on the endings.

Please help, thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Re: sheet metal challenge

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @IloveAudi86,

Would love to help but I'm really sure what part you want?  Is the shade or part of the stand?

Dave

Siemens Phenom

None of this really looks like a 'sheet metal' design, at least in the sense that there are characteristics which would be easier to realize using the Sheet Metal design module rather than traditional modeling.  If you're talking about the lamp shade, a simple Developable Surface will allow you to get a flat-pattern layout, and the other parts could be done using just simple Solid modeling tools.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Original post says, "light protection", so I would take protection to mean the shade/cover, which looks to be a rolled cone.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Siemens Phenom

Something like this then:

2018-12-06 09_39_37-NX 12 - Sheet Metal.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you Mr. Baker,

you said that none of parts on picture looks like it easier for production on a sheet metal way. I thought on a lamp shade and onestly production of that feature for me, is much easier using bending technology, after you get a proper shape using modeling and than flat pattern option, for taking conture line for cutting. So, would like if you will spend your words and time for helping me in future and not for underrating instead. If I take this wrong please sorry... 

Much respect

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes Mr. Walker, How did you get this shape, using which command?

Siemens Phenom

I used sheet metal lofted flange.  I attached the part I created in NX12.

Pioneer
Pioneer
It works!