Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple/stepped section line

Hi all,

hope you can help me with this issue..

I have been trying to change the color of this line with no success.. also I have been trying to find something on customer defaults and drafting standard.

How can i change the color of this line?

Untitled.jpg

5 REPLIES

Re: simple/stepped section line

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I think that purplish color is the default for a "retained" section line; meaning that it lost its associativity and is hanging out in space in its last known location. If you fix the associativity, it should return to normal.

Phenom
Phenom

I agree. Looks retained and your section view should show/list as "out of date" as well.

@cowski1

It seems that you are right...perhaps this is just one simple view.. just a few dimensions and it is easy to start again.. but for further situations like this one..

is there any way to visualize this sort of links/associations?

How do i recognize which view is ok and which view have issues?

@RyanM
apparently everything up to date.. just green check marks.. what if i change the direction of the hinge line and the view changes?? is this means the view has not lost its association, right?

thanks in advance !

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

No need to start over. You were so close in the video; you need to use "move segment", not "redefine hinge line". Edit the line, choose move segment (the default), pick the retained line segment, then pick a point to associate the section line (probably the center point of one of the circular edges?). That should fix it.

thank you.. you are right..