Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

thank you for Convergent modeling

[ Edited ]

thank you, Convergent Modeling team at Siemens PLM. being able to rescale a Convergent body in NX11 is sooooo helpful

Convergent Modeling is the best thing since sliced bread!Convergent Modeling is the best thing since sliced bread!

how is the coordinate system/size/orientation for an imported stl file determined in NX? 

I will import/export an stl file from a variety of software packages (Magics/Meshlab/netfabb..) and I will see a lot of changes even with the same stl file. (stl will shrink, get oriented in a different direction). If there was a way to preserve the coordinate system/orientation of the file that would be great.

1 REPLY

Re: thank you for Convergent modeling

Hi Alex,

Glad you like Convergent Modelling. As for your question regarding the size, orientation etc when importing stl files then as far as I am aware it will orient the stl with respect to the absolute coordinate system. I think it will take its position from the coordinates that were used in the originating stl exporting system. As for the sizing, again you can set the input units to meters, mm or inches depending again on what units were used in the exporting software. Hope this is of some help to you.