Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: trouble with surfacing

Genius
Genius

Hi, @Cesare

Got your points about continuity vs. symmetry. And just spend some time to learn "Section Surface" by your exmples. Yes it's a very powerful tool for surfacing. It seems to be some kind of sweeping. So far I still think "Swept" is the top 1 commmand most difficult to understand in NX modeling and try everthing to shun it. Concepts, such as local coordinate system, shearing body, and interpolation, are really difficult to imagine, especially when there are 2~3 guides. You should have excellent knowledge about how it works. Hope to learn more from you in the future.

Thank you!

Phenom
Phenom

If I'm after smoothness of the surface; this is what I would attempt:

mf_surf_20171123.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Genius
Genius

Hi, @mike_fdo

The solution based on Fill Surface is really AWESOME! 

Learning in last days is a big milestone for my NX experience. Thank you Sir!

One thing seems to be difficult to understand: The side boundaries are only G1 continuous, not G2. How can Fill Surface yield a perfect surface with uniform Reflection?

Phenom
Phenom

If you have adjoining surfaces then you could select those edges with G2 continuity.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Genius
Genius

Hi, @mike_fdo

What I means is like this:

The two boudaries are only G1 continuous, how can the final surface give uniform reflection?

ScreenClip [2].png

In my understanding, to give uniform reflection as in your file, the surface must be at least G2 continuous throughout. Is this wrong?

Thanks! 

Phenom
Phenom

According to your curves, there is a sharp surface trasition;

mf_surf_20171124.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Genius
Genius

Hi, @mike_fdo

It seems that Fill Surface can push the transition as far as possible, almost outside the boundaries. It's really magic.

Thank you Sir!