Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to reference edge

Creator
Creator

NX 8.0.2.2

I'm trying to create a ruled surface, and am getting the error, "unable to reference edge".

My section strings are projected curves (onto a plane), and I'm using spine curve alignment, which is just a bridge curve.

This error also ocurrs with a through curves surface.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: unable to reference edge

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
That's odd. You usually get this message during a feature update when an edge has been modeled away, rather than during creation. At what point is the error raised? What Curve Rule are you using to select the sections/guides? Try setting it to "Single Curve" to select the curves one-by-one. It could be that the curves being projected are becoming ambiguous or disjointed.
Can you upload the part or a screenshot of the sections/guides/splines?

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Unfortunately, I can't, because it resides on another server, and I'm not sure I can replicate it.  All my selections are single curve selections, including my projected curves.

ruled (that I'm trying to create)

parents:

projected curves

parents:

edges from sheet bodies

curves are joined into cubics

spine curve

parents:

line

datum plane

Clear as mud?  Hahaha.  I tried my best to outline what my parent geometries were.  It won't create with the spine curve, but it will via arc length.  So, it doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my section strings, but something with my spine curve, even though it's just created from a line and datum plane...

Sorry that I can't provide more information, but thanks for the time.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi icecold1980. I was having the same problem while using NX 11. I was able to eliminate the error by checking the box next to "Preserve Shape" in the Alignment section of the Through Curves window. I hope this suggestion helps you!