Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer
12 REPLIES

Re: Approach for design product, modification, mold design in NX - Sketch or not?

Legend
Legend
You are in a tough spot. In my opinion, you should start looking elsewhere for employment.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Re: Approach for design product, modification, mold design in NX - Sketch or not?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As far as I know, mold design is a special field and significantly different from common product design.

My personal suggestion is:

Follow the workflow of your veteran colleagues or buddies and try to reach their skill level first. After that, start to think about improvement. 

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @nedimd

I worked in such different fields as automotive, white goods industries, pet an so on.
It is evident that every works is dealt with the most appropriate ways.
The aquarium or the kitchen, for example, are part of a modular project for which correct parameterization becomes essential.
The air box is completed by the tool maker with the addition of drafts and blends. This work does not require particular parameterization.
I understand your disorientation but no parametric native file are provided very often.
I provide tool maker with completely drafted and blended parts, the work of the tool maker should (must) be to make the mold and not to fix the part.

Ciao Cesare

my_works.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

Phenom
Phenom

You are describing a brutal wild way of working, just a little...

Smiley Very Happy

brutal.jpg

Genius
Genius

to me, it seems more like this

flin.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

i have a very similiar case XD

did you tryed to explain how "your method" works within NX ? the people do the way they are guaranted to work if they never used/  when they used it,  it caused prroblems they turn around imidiatly .

i blame the sales representetives  in how nx is distribucted and taught to people. people pay an exorbit amount of money for licences and support and only licences renew its whats we are truly benefiting , a lot of times they told me "go to help and search" in a call for support.

sketch is a way tru def. but rememberr 3d its also very good in a lot of situations. (in my case im mixing the 2: sketching and 3d modeling depending on the situation)

you can start on customizing your mold librarys with sketchs 

NX 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - MW - Journaling || vegetagaru @ engtips