Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work view in multi-view layout

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
When a multi-view layout is applied, NX recognize one view as "Work View". Right click menu entry "Work View" can set a view as the work view.

I noticed that some certain operations in a specific non-work view unexpectedly activate a certain view to the work view.

What kind of operations in a view would surely make the view to be the work view? Thanks!
3 REPLIES

Re: work view in multi-view layout

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anybody have some guidance on this topic?

For some models, I would use a 4-view layout. I fix one view as the work view, and occasionally click in other views. But very often a non-work view unexpectedly becomes the work view. It's annoying.

Thanks!

Phenom
Phenom

To be honest I think you'll find most people use a single view layout these days. The multiple view layout was designed before things like Spaceballs were invented so the user had easy access to several views of the model, but these days it is so easy to navigate around the model using a Spaceball (or even the mouse) that having to squish the model into smaller viewports in a multi-view layout is not worth it.

Having said that, multi-view layout should work OK., but you may find it hard getting much support due to the low number of people using it.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | KF
Production: [NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit] Testing: [NX12.0.0.27 MP1]

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Inch   Thanks for your comments! I only occasionally use multi-view layout to optimize some features in my models.