Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom/rotate current view exactly by a number?

Genius
Genius
Sometimes I need to adjust the model view exactly by a zooming percentage or rotating angle.

I know that it's possible to customize/save a model view. Here in this post I'm seeking an instant solution that makes modification instantly based on the current view angle or zooming level, rather than going back to a preset state.

zooming 
  • Is it possible to use a percentage number to zoom the current view, either an absolute percentage or a percentage based on the current zooming level?
rotating 
  • I know that clicking an axis of the View Triad on the bottom left can set an angle for rotating the current view. Is there alternative way to do the same job?

And another qustion is: What's the rotation center when we drag the view with the middle mouse button and how to set it?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES

Re: zoom/rotate current view exactly by a number?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

zooming 
  • Is it possible to use a percentage number to zoom the current view, either an absolute percentage or a percentage based on the current zooming level?

Menu > View > Operation > Zoom (Ctrl+Shift+Z).

The same scale factor you can set from zoom group under 'View' tab

rotating 
  • I know that clicking an axis of the View Triad on the bottom left can set an angle for rotating the current view. Is there alternative way to do the same job?

Other way

Menu > View > Operation > Rotate (Ctrl+R)

And another qustion is: What's the rotation center when we drag the view with the middle mouse button and how to set it?

Right Click in GUI

Set Rotation Reference (Ctrl+F2)

You can clear rotation reference from same right click menu or use shortcut Ctrl+F3.

Genius
Genius

Hi @GaneshKadole    Thanks for the solutions!

Siemens Phenom

In addition in NX 12 there is a new option on the view toolbar to type a number in directly.

Picture1.pngZoom Value

Scott

Siemens Phenom

@ScottFelber wrote:

In addition in NX 12 there is a new option on the view toolbar to type a number in directly.

Picture1.pngZoom Value

Scott

It is also available in NX 11.

Genius
Genius

Yes. I find it under View tab with NX 11.0.2. Previously I hided it mistakenly. Thank you both!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there a way to make this zoom scale permanent so that every time I switch to that view it is zoomed to the associated camera? When I import NX files into Adobe via Tetra 4D, all of the parts are fit into the window. I would like to be zoomed in to only a small portion of the assembly.

Genius
Genius

I'm not sure whether Bookmark would help or not. Please refer to a previous thread.