Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD) Player

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A new NX application ‘NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD) Player’ is released in NX12.0.2. It is a view-only player that allows user to load and play simulation for model created in ‘NX Mechatronics Concept Designer‘. In addition to playing the simulation the signal mapping capability is available to create and edit signal mapping to external Programmable Logic Controller as well as to SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced, the virtual controller for SIMATIC S7-1500 controller family of Siemens. This enables automation engineers to use the player with existing MCD models for virtual commissioning.

MCD_Player (002).png

‘NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD) Player’ complements the offering around ‘NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD)’ with main focus on virtual commissioning and on supporting marketing/Presales activities. ‘NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD)’ is an optional module integrated to core CAD of ‘NX’ which provides a unique offering for mechanical, electrical and automation engineers to collaborate by seamlessly integrated engineering workflows starting with conceptual design of machines, collaborative multidisciplinary detailed design, throughout virtual commissioning and lets the user experience the unique PL connection from Digital World to integration with Factory Automation on the shop floor.

Watch below for a demo: 

(view in My Videos)

Comments
Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi, MCD Player is separated aplication (something like Viewer, MCD, Layout) what is launched by ugraf.exe with parameter or it is standard aplication in NX? I instaled NX12.0.2 and I am not able to find it.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

either start MCD player with start parameter: ugraf.exe -mechatronicsplayer

or you can also download the standalone application “NX MCD Player” from GTAC.

Regards

Jochen

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Thank you for advice...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where do I find the standalone player in GTAC ? I can't find any download file. I've already installed NX 12.0.2

Ralf

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

The standalone NX MCD player can be find in the GTAC Download area.

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/#download

(NOTE: for customers and some other users it might NOT appear at the GTAC Download as you don't have a valid license for this and as such isn't listed/shown)

Scroll on the left side until the "M" and then you should see it like in below picture.

GTAC-Download-NX1202-MCD_Standalone_Player.PNG

Regards,

Stanny

Contributors