Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PMI Bolt Circle Centerline

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

PMI Bcc.pngYou can now create a Bolt Circle Centerline in the NX PMI application. Defining the position for a bolt circle centerline is easy using either a “Through 3 or More Points” or “Center Point” method. A “Full Circle” option on the dialog allows you to specify whether the centerline is a complete circle or simply a partial centerline through a set of selected holes. The "Set Extension Individually" setting allows you to dynamically interactive with and control each centerline.

This video shows a brief demonstration of the new PMI Bolt Circle Centerline capability in NX including how a centerline that is associated to a number of holes in a pattern can be updated. I look forward to any feedback you have on this enhancement or suggestions you might have to further enhance NX PMI.

Regards,

Dave Wingrave

NX Product Manager, Model Based Definition

(view in My Videos)

NX Help Documentation - PMI Bolt Circle Centerline

Comments
Phenom
Phenom

What NX version will this apply to?  What MP , MR?  Thanks

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

NX 12.0.0.27, Base version

Pioneer
Pioneer

Do you have plans to improve this feature so, that it could recognize holes from circular/reference pattern feature and be associative with it?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi JazzSinatra,

Just to clarify...centerlines remain associative to selected holes.Changes to pattern counts result in retained PMI display based on geometry change. Input during implementation was that this was the most desirable outcome as it represents a call-to-action. Updating this is simple and automatic. With regards to the roadmap, there are plans to automatically recognize a pattern on selection; however, this is currently not scheduled therefore if you fel this is important I would encourage you to submit an ER to help with prioritization. If I misunderstood your request, please clarify.  

Thanks,

Dave