Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID Designer: Diagramming to 3D

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Previous P&ID entries: Faster AuthoringCommon Libraries, Connectivity Validation

Help yourself by minimizing design duplication by leveraging data created in diagramming while speeding up the 3D design process.  

New capabilities with Diagramming to 3D include: 
  • Runs that are defined in a P&ID diagram, are stored in Teamcenter and can be used to drive the 3D routing process
  • A diagram cross selection window with the assists the 3D process
  • A handy completion status during 3D routing
  • Users can choose what 2D run to bring into 3D

Demonstration below: 

(view in My Videos)

#IngenuityisNX
Comments
Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

hi sir

Designing 2D Piping Systems with P & ID Designer is fast and easy.

I would like to ask how to automatically bring the flange into 3D when converting to 3D?

And

Tank parts are not included in the "run" .

How to put the correct specification tank in 3d according to p & id.

thank you sir

jerry liao 

jerryliao@oitc.com.tw

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I have forwarded your comments and questions to the Product Manager for NX P&ID.

He will add his comments, but from my knowledge we have libraries of intelligent 2D standard equipment which have links to the 3D world, so my using "Place Part" NX pulls the correct 3D representation from the routing application, whether a pump or tank or valve etc.

Regards

Paul

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Which version of NX is this ? 

We have NX12 but I did not find this P&ID module. We use BVR version. Is this 4GD ??

On the other side, as Ship Design Engineer for Machinery & Piping and NX user for about 6 years, I can say this will not works as it should. At least for Ship Industry is not suitable tool. 

I see this must have many improvements to be a realibe tool for P&ID and Mechanical Routing.

For example, how will be marked changes in diagram from rev.A to rev.B ? In ship industry and not only, all revision changes as marked with cloud. Is this possible in NX ?

How will have components added aditional information in schematic like capacity, type, temperatures ? 

How easy is to design a component in 2D and to assign it to a model, connections like fitting ports ?  How easy is to exchange or to re-assign a 2D component to another 3D model component (maybe a bigger or smaller dimension, maybe different vendor ).

And are more other.

And one very important thing is time consuming and simplicity of doing things.

Regards, Daniel Gelep 

Senior Project Engineer Piping and Machinery - Marin Teknikk AS - Norway

dg@marinteknikk.no.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@adfadf  : For your question best is to use Routing Specification.

See a document I made in link below. It is based on NX10 but at least use it as guidance.

https://we.tl/t-7ZlHQ6KKWD

Regards, Daniel Gelep 

Senior Project Engineer Piping and Machinery - Marin Teknikk AS - Norway

dg@marinteknikk.no.

Contributors