Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal: Material and Bend Table Improvements

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

NX12 has been a well-received release from Sheet Metal users. This is the seventh and final article in a series highlighting what’s new.

air-bend.png

Defining the material properties and manufacturing parameters for a sheet metal design is essential for accurate manufacture and downstream processes.

NX12 brings a number of enhancements to the part properties and material definition:

• Material driven tooling selection to define bend properties such as Bend Radius & Neutral Factor
  • Ability to define secondary lookup table from main material table, material/tooling, and process driven bend properties selection. (Angle based Bend Radius and Neutral Factor)
  • Bend Definition Methods
    • Bend Allowance Table
    • Bend Deduction Table
    • Bend Deduction Formula
    • DIN6935 Formula
  • Assigning part attribute through material table to carry information across applications

Giving the user control of defining bend parameters from specified tooling fully supports the real values achieved through an air-bending process.  Each material can be assigned specific associative attributes such as the material name for use on drawings or in PMI.

Take a look at the demonstration below.

(view in My Videos)

Comments
Creator
Creator

I'm sorry but I'm unable to see the video. 

Can you make it available again.

Thanks a lot.

Siemens Phenom

Hello @Brasti,

I have asked the admin team to take a look.  I have attached the movie again here to see of that works...

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom

Video seems to play OK for me now, @Brasti

Creator
Creator

Hmm, strange...

Neather IE, Edge nor Chrome are showing the video.

Sheet Metal_ Material and Bend Table Improvements - Siemens PLM Community - 4598.png

And when I click on "Show in My videos" link, I see only some metadata of the video:

Video Material and Bend Table.mp4 - Siemens PLM Community.png

Regards

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Brasti,

Are you still experiencing problems viewing the video?

Creator
Creator

Hello Chanatwr,

yes, the video is still not available.

Siemens Phenom

Using chrome browser, I can see video in original post as well as in post by @Dave_Walker.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brasti

I can see the video too along with @GaneshKadole & @Dave_Walker . Interesting problem we have here.  

I would recommend clearing your cookies on the site. If it still doesn't work after that let me know and we can try and send the video directly to you. 

Creator
Creator

Hello,

It looks like it's a problem at my working place. At home and on my mobile device, I can see the video without any problem.

Thanks a lot for investigating and sorry for the trouble.

Regards...