Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deleting View in Model Views NX9

Dreamer
Dreamer

Hi All,

We are having an issue where we can't delete/remove a view in the model history. When we right click on the view there is no option to delete it. Any ideas? No, it is not my work view when I am trying to delete it.

11 REPLIES

Re: Deleting View in Model Views NX9

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @GM1,

Could you please add some snap/part file of the same. I have NX 9.0.3.4 and I am able to create/delete mutiple user defined model views.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In model Views --> Select & make work view other than u want to delete & Right click on view which u want to delete

Dreamer
Dreamer

There isnt an option to delete in the right click window....

Creator
Creator
Make sure that the view you want to delete is not work view.

Dreamer
Dreamer

If you look at the orginial post I did state that it isnt my work view.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Default Views (8) cannot be deleted (Only New Added Views can be deleted)

Dreamer
Dreamer

Yes this was an added view. I have been able to remove the default (Top, Right, left, bottom etc) Views from the model view tree.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had a similar problem earlier this year.  GTAC sent me these steps which worked:

The part may have a minor corruption for a view layout which is the culprit. The part can be fixed by the user with the following steps: 

1.  Open the part

2.  File-> Utilities-. Part Cleanup

3.  Toggle on 'Clean Drafting Objects' and ' Delete Unused Objects'-> OK

4.  Menu-. View-> Layout-> Delete

5.  Delete the 'blank' row at the top of the Delete Layouts dialog (name is may be corrupted and cannot display)->OK

6.  Expand Model Views in the Part Navigator and choose the view you want to delete -> MB3-> Delete

7.  Save the part

Dreamer
Dreamer

I am getting an Warning "Only user-defined layouts which are not displayed may be deleted". Is that for drafting and not PMI model views?

Highlighted

Deleting View in Model Views NX9

Dreamer
Dreamer

Hi All,

We are having an issue where we can't delete/remove a view in the model history. When we right click on the view there is no option to delete it. Any ideas? No, it is not my work view when I am trying to delete it.