Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Exporting JT file with PMI and opening with the same NX 12 licence results in faulty PMI visualizati

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi togehter,

I am dealing with the option of using JT as a 3D master for manufacturing. Therefore, I try to export the JT with the PMIs and reopen it with the same NX12 license to verify that all PMIs are ok. The result, as in the JPG, is that the PMI is not associative and some PMIs are not visualized correctly.

Is this an addaption issue?

Kindly regards

Johannes

1 REPLY 1

Re: Exporting JT file with PMI and opening with the same NX 12 licence results in faulty PMI visuali

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Johannes,

Some PMI are not yet supported to be created as real PMI when JT is opened back in NX. For this reason you're getting this pop-up while opening JT. And those not supported PMIs will be created as assorted objects.

See this: Translating PMI from a JT file

Regarding second issue, try turning off option “Update Reading Direction after View Rotate” while creating JT (Preferences->PMI General/Setup->PMI->Display) ans see if it helps.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!
Highlighted

Exporting JT file with PMI and opening with the same NX 12 licence results in faulty PMI visualizati

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi togehter,

I am dealing with the option of using JT as a 3D master for manufacturing. Therefore, I try to export the JT with the PMIs and reopen it with the same NX12 license to verify that all PMIs are ok. The result, as in the JPG, is that the PMI is not associative and some PMIs are not visualized correctly.

Is this an addaption issue?

Kindly regards

Johannes

NX PMI MBD
NX PMI MBD

This group is dedicated to the topics of PMI (product and manufacturing information) and MBD (model-based definition) in NX.

If you have a question, please post it in the NX Design Forum.

We also recommend you be a PLM World member, as this group supplements an annual roundtable at PLM Connection.

Members (294)