Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Exporting PMI/MBD from NX 9/10 to JT files

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Team,

I was export a PMI/MBD file created in NX 9 to JT file. I need a 3D pdf to be generated which we do using Tetra 4D.

1) When i export using NX 9 to JT file, i am able to see only the model views and none of the dimensions are visible for me , when i open in Viz Mock up viewer.

2) When i open the same file in NX 10 and export to JT file, i can see the dimensions but none of the symbols ( Center line/ datum Symbol/ surface finish symbol) are visible, when i open in Viz Mock up viewer.

Is there any settings that we need to make or any thing else which i am not aware of.

Thank You for your support 

Regards,

Raghu

2 REPLIES

Re: Exporting PMI/MBD from NX 9/10 to JT files

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Raghu,

Perhaps you are using two different configuratiion files for each version of NX. Controlling what gets exported is done via the tessUG.config found in the NX folder pvtrans. For more information, I recommend taking a look at the TDOCs article: Data translation > Writing JT from NX

Regards,

Dave

Re: Exporting PMI/MBD from NX 9/10 to JT files

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello Raghu,

After you compare your configuration files, can you open the JT in JT2Go and see all or any of the PMI?

(You can also open it back up in NX to see if the PMI translated.)

I cannot duplicate your issue using NX9 and the latest version of TCvis Mockup.

Highlighted

Exporting PMI/MBD from NX 9/10 to JT files

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Team,

I was export a PMI/MBD file created in NX 9 to JT file. I need a 3D pdf to be generated which we do using Tetra 4D.

1) When i export using NX 9 to JT file, i am able to see only the model views and none of the dimensions are visible for me , when i open in Viz Mock up viewer.

2) When i open the same file in NX 10 and export to JT file, i can see the dimensions but none of the symbols ( Center line/ datum Symbol/ surface finish symbol) are visible, when i open in Viz Mock up viewer.

Is there any settings that we need to make or any thing else which i am not aware of.

Thank You for your support 

Regards,

Raghu

NX PMI MBD
NX PMI MBD

This group is dedicated to the topics of PMI (product and manufacturing information) and MBD (model-based definition) in NX.

If you have a question, please post it in the NX Design Forum.

We also recommend you be a PLM World member, as this group supplements an annual roundtable at PLM Connection.

Members (213)