Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NX 12

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

NX 12 is now available for download. Several enhancements have been made to support Model Based Definition initiatives. A couple of new PMI objects have been added to the NX PMI application: a PMI Table and a PMI Bolt Circle Centerline. These additions support applicable PMI behavior and can be exported to JT for use downstream.

Workflow improvements include the ability to control the suppression of PMI display instances along with additional capabilities when working with Part Families. Convert to PMI was introduced in NX 11 and has been enhanced to include additional object support and enhanced workflows such as support for inferring faces for associated objects where dimensions reference an edge, creating PMI in the Master Model part, enhanced conversion reporting and optional automatic display mode. The PMI application supports the use of multiple windows when working in a single NX session enabling a number of useful workflows. Additional enhancements include improved dimension workflows, additional standards coverage for FCF and Weld Symbols and more.

I look forward to any feedback you have on these enhancements or suggestions you might have to further enhance NX PMI.

Regards,

Dave Wingrave

NX Product Manager, Model Based Definition

1 REPLY

Re: NX 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, 

@D_Wingrave

I am using PMI supression by expression to control PMI in different Stakeholders Scenario. I give every PMI a expression to control if they are supressed. like "if(stakeholder = "Lieferant"(1)else(0)"

I want to ask, if it is possible to use PMI report to export the PMI supression expression(like expression name P345) and relevant PMI name. Thank you.

best wishes

Leyao

Highlighted

NX 12

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

NX 12 is now available for download. Several enhancements have been made to support Model Based Definition initiatives. A couple of new PMI objects have been added to the NX PMI application: a PMI Table and a PMI Bolt Circle Centerline. These additions support applicable PMI behavior and can be exported to JT for use downstream.

Workflow improvements include the ability to control the suppression of PMI display instances along with additional capabilities when working with Part Families. Convert to PMI was introduced in NX 11 and has been enhanced to include additional object support and enhanced workflows such as support for inferring faces for associated objects where dimensions reference an edge, creating PMI in the Master Model part, enhanced conversion reporting and optional automatic display mode. The PMI application supports the use of multiple windows when working in a single NX session enabling a number of useful workflows. Additional enhancements include improved dimension workflows, additional standards coverage for FCF and Weld Symbols and more.

I look forward to any feedback you have on these enhancements or suggestions you might have to further enhance NX PMI.

Regards,

Dave Wingrave

NX Product Manager, Model Based Definition

NX PMI MBD
NX PMI MBD

This group is dedicated to the topics of PMI (product and manufacturing information) and MBD (model-based definition) in NX.

If you have a question, please post it in the NX Design Forum.

We also recommend you be a PLM World member, as this group supplements an annual roundtable at PLM Connection.

Members (250)