Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PMI Intersection of midplane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have plate with multiple holes that should have ordinate dimension to common center which is constructed by intersection of 2 midplanes/centralplanes. I want to measure center of each hole to this common center. I know that this is feasable in the CMM software.
My question is if it's possible to associate a center of a Ordinate PMI to a "constructed intersection feature" via PMI, in a way that a proprietary CMM software or NX Inspection will read it as intended.

Examples shows exactly that. The problem is that the common center point (line) can't be defined as intersection of the two mid planes

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: PMI Intersection of midplane

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @JakovM ,

First, create associative datum axis using two mid planes. Then, using 'Point Set - type Intersection Points', create associative point by selecting datum axis and top planar face of the model. This point can be used to create ordinate dimensions.

Re: PMI Intersection of midplane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Ganesh

What you described is a procedure of creating axis as an intersection of two NX CAD planes. (that I know)

What I need is an intersection of 2 midplane datum features and a axis that comes out of that. This is a construct resulting from CMM measuring operation. From what I can tell PMI is lacking in it's possibility to define that.

Basically the PMI should be read and this should be the outcome:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:id1269058

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:id1269068

Highlighted

PMI Intersection of midplane

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have plate with multiple holes that should have ordinate dimension to common center which is constructed by intersection of 2 midplanes/centralplanes. I want to measure center of each hole to this common center. I know that this is feasable in the CMM software.
My question is if it's possible to associate a center of a Ordinate PMI to a "constructed intersection feature" via PMI, in a way that a proprietary CMM software or NX Inspection will read it as intended.

Examples shows exactly that. The problem is that the common center point (line) can't be defined as intersection of the two mid planes

Thanks.

NX PMI MBD
NX PMI MBD

This group is dedicated to the topics of PMI (product and manufacturing information) and MBD (model-based definition) in NX.

If you have a question, please post it in the NX Design Forum.

We also recommend you be a PLM World member, as this group supplements an annual roundtable at PLM Connection.

Members (285)