cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PMI SECTION VIEW ARROW

Theorist
Theorist

How can I define 3D PMI full and stepped section view arrows which are displayed 2d drafting with associativity.

Thanks

Mehmet

SECTION.png

10 REPLIES

Re: PMI SECTION VIEW ARROW

Creator
Creator

You can create cutting plane representation in model by turning on the cutting plane symbol option but i think it will not get inheritted to 2D drafting. what we used to do is create similar section in drawing side and keep it as a section line only.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Mehmet_OZBEK,

Which version of NX are you using?

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Theorist
Theorist

Hi,

NX 9.0.3.4 MP6

Thank for helps.

Mehmet

Theorist
Theorist

Thank you Kiran..

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

A section line is a 2D drawing convention and has different display characterisitics per the many internationally recognized drafting standards. We support all section line display settings per the OOTB drafting standards in NX. 

The 3D annotation standards define an equivalent mechanism for conveying a section in 3D as a cutting plane symbol and like a section line, a cutting plane symbol's display characteristics differ depending on a specific 3D annotation standard you use. We support all cutting plane symbol display settings per the OOTB 3D annotation standards in NX.

In NX 11 we added a new section line type in Drafting called "Derived". This new section line type lets you create a section line on a drawing that is associated to a PMI cutting plane symbol in the model. It is configurable in accordance with drafting standards and associative to a model therefore if the cutting plane symbol changes on the model the associated section line on the drawing also updates.

Dave

Theorist
Theorist

Hi Dave,

Good news for full section line type. There was a big problem for us.

As you know, almost 2d drafting has stepped sections. In NX 11 , can you add stepped section line type. If so PMI module is OK for me.

Thanks for your helps....

Hi Mehmet,

With regards to support for a stepped section, customers using NX PMI in production today tell me that they recognize the need to make multi-planar section cuts was largely driven from a drawing based workflow where multi-planar sections were typically used to reduce the number of views/sheets on a drawing. I’m not suggesting there aren’t cases where a multi-planar section wouldn't be useful, but what I am saying is that customers using PMI in production today have not indicated this is a priority for them. What I typically see is that customers are simply adding additional planar section views in a model were applicable. They tell me that this works well and simplifies conveying section information. I’m not suggesting we will not add support for a stepped section in a future release; however, this will be prioritized against other investments that contribute to making customers successful. If you or any other customer feels strongly that this capability is important to adopting or furthering your MBD usage/strategy, I would encourage all to submit an ER via GTAC so I can better assess the need and prioritize against other investments. Thanks

Sounds like a good topic for the MBD Roundtable at PLM Connections in Indianapolis next month. Hope to see you there!

Dave

Theorist
Theorist

Hi Dave,

First of all, thank you for information about NX PMI.In may opinion, It would be more advantageous than other MCAD if the program has this function.

Plase let me comment about PMI and Viewer;

In the future, Siemens should be create a 3D PDF(included PMI) for publishing and Consuming .
A lot of main and sub-industry may choose a pdf file for 3d view ,PMI annotation, ass.animation, service bulletin etc.
If you have enough time, please check Sap visual enterprise author software (formely Right hemisphere) in the internet.
I wish Siemens had acquired Right hemisphere then it would have been a perfect combination for PMI,Manufacturing, service and assy.line documantation etc. with single 3d pdf file.
Important point is almost computer has Acrobat Reader and Microfost Office.My personal idea, NX PMI should fully support to Acrobat PDF and Powerpoint (Rotatable 3d, section tools, PMI etc...)

My next step I will check features of JT2GO software .

(Sorry but I hope so you understand.Because, I can little speak english.)

Hi Mehmet,

Thanks for your input (gentle reminder to please submit an ER in GTAC so I have a more complete assessment of your request and can help with prioritization).

With regards to Viewing PMI, supporting 3D PDF in a future of NX is not out of the question. In your review of JT2Go I might recommend you also take a look at JT+PDF. A good blog on this topic can be found on the JT Open Community group. The topic can be found below.

The JT Blog > JT Open TRB Workshop 2016 (JT and PDF)

Dave

Highlighted

PMI SECTION VIEW ARROW

Theorist
Theorist

How can I define 3D PMI full and stepped section view arrows which are displayed 2d drafting with associativity.

Thanks

Mehmet

SECTION.png