Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Radius in MBD Detailing

Genius
Genius

Hello

Please refer the attached Nx 9 Version model (Actual Version Nx 11 TcE Integrated).

I need to give the PMI Radial dimension as Radius 10 in yellow highlighted faces. I Created the Datum Plane and Intersection Plane, But I got Radius 10.01398. Overriding dimension and rounding values not allowed here.

Any Suggestions invited,

Thanks in Advance

Sekar

9 REPLIES 9

Re: True Radius in MBD Detailing

Legend
Legend
Hi @Sekars ,
unfortunately, I am not at my desk with NX in front of me.
According to your organization the design needs to be exact. Thus, it would be the designers task to make the radius exact and not your issue.
In the worst case, could you just display the first digit after the 10. ?

Best wishes,
Joachim
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 12.0.1.7 MP4
In testing NX 12.0.2.9 MP5

Genius
Genius

Hello Joachim

Please recheck the model and reread the post. The Edge blend given for radius is exactly 10, but i could not able to show in PMI 3D model view dimension

Thanks for your post

Sekar

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi @Sekars

Your issue seems to be that your datum plane is intersecting the blend "off axis" (approx. 0.54deg). This way you get a projected result instead of the true radius, which is also apparent as the result of the intersection curve is a spline instead of an arc.

I'd suggest that you revise your method for creating this PMI.

One approach to getting the desired results could be to show the feature dimension of the blend and display it as PMI (although I don't remember if that's available in NX9). If you insist on using the current approach you'll have to make sure that your datum plane is normal to the center axis of the blend.

Genius
Genius

Thanks for your post

" . . . One approach to getting the desired results could be to show the feature dimension of the blend and display it as PMI (although I don't remember if that's available in NX9). . . . "

Please elloborate this in Nx 11.

thanks again

Sekar

In NX 11:

2019-06-24 10_37_36-NX 11 - Modeling - [True Radius Nx 9 Part.prt].png2019-06-24 10_38_46-NX 11 - Modeling - [True Radius Nx 9 Part.prt (Modified) ].png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Sekars wrote:

Thanks for your post

" . . . One approach to getting the desired results could be to show the feature dimension of the blend and display it as PMI (although I don't remember if that's available in NX9). . . . "

Please elloborate this in Nx 11.

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Visionary Siemens Visionary
Siemens Visionary

Hi @Sekars,

Please follow the steps as below:-

1) Select the 'Edge Blend' Feature.

2) MB3 -> Show Dimensions

3) The dimension will be displayed on the screen

4) Select this dimension -> MB3 -> 'Display as PMI'

5) The PMI Dimension will be displayed on the screen.

Please refer the attcahed video for more details.

Regards,
Imran Bhaldar

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!
Highlighted

Experimenter
Experimenter

Another method would be to use a label containing the expression used for the radius.

@ewh 

The semantic value of that approach would be limited. Yes, it would show the "correct" value, but the information itself will be quite hard to make use of if your work is model based. I.e. you would need a person to read/interpret the information rather than utilizing system functionality in downstream processes.

True Radius in MBD Detailing

Genius
Genius

Hello

Please refer the attached Nx 9 Version model (Actual Version Nx 11 TcE Integrated).

I need to give the PMI Radial dimension as Radius 10 in yellow highlighted faces. I Created the Datum Plane and Intersection Plane, But I got Radius 10.01398. Overriding dimension and rounding values not allowed here.

Any Suggestions invited,

Thanks in Advance

Sekar

NX PMI MBD
NX PMI MBD

This group is dedicated to the topics of PMI (product and manufacturing information) and MBD (model-based definition) in NX.

If you have a question, please post it in the NX Design Forum.

We also recommend you be a PLM World member, as this group supplements an annual roundtable at PLM Connection.

Members (299)