Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't click FLAG NOTE ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a pmi note.  I then 'insert symbol' and insert a flag note and position the flag note in space. 

At this point, I can click the flag note, double click to edit, click and hold to drag and move etc, it behaves normal.

However once I drag this flag note over and 'snap' it to my other pmi note, I can no longer click the flag note in any way.  Matter of fact the only way I can ever click the flag note again is to 'undo' the snap attachment so it goes back in space by itself

1 REPLY
Highlighted

Re: can't click FLAG NOTE ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

update:

I realized that when I rotate my model and the pmi automatically flips and updates so it's not written backwards, I can then click my pmi like normal.

I investigated and all of my other flag notes I previously added are now unclickable while I have my model rotated.

It seems that the flag note is only clickable in one orientation.  Once your model view is rotated enough that the text will flip direction it will either become clickable or unclickable.

Very strange but hope it helps someone.  I was able to fix the issue by changing the plane that the original note was attached to, so that when I attached my flag note to it, it was attached to a pmi note that had an opposite normal direction I guess.

Now my flag note is clickable in the orientation I desire.  When the model is rotated it becomes unclickable, but it's okay in that paticular orientation I guess

can't click FLAG NOTE ?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a pmi note.  I then 'insert symbol' and insert a flag note and position the flag note in space. 

At this point, I can click the flag note, double click to edit, click and hold to drag and move etc, it behaves normal.

However once I drag this flag note over and 'snap' it to my other pmi note, I can no longer click the flag note in any way.  Matter of fact the only way I can ever click the flag note again is to 'undo' the snap attachment so it goes back in space by itself

NX PMI MBD
NX PMI MBD

This group is dedicated to the topics of PMI (product and manufacturing information) and MBD (model-based definition) in NX.

If you have a question, please post it in the NX Design Forum.

We also recommend you be a PLM World member, as this group supplements an annual roundtable at PLM Connection.

Members (267)