Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD ATTRIBUTE TO A TABULAR NOTE CELL

Creator
Creator

Hello

i have a question about the add attributes to a tabular note cell in a table, my problem is the cell don´t show the value of the attribute when i use relantionships in the information window display this message "This attibute is referenced by another object and holds a hidden cached value", which one get from a catalog i created, i use NX 9.0.3.4.

I appreciate any response.

13 REPLIES

Re: ADD ATTRIBUTE TO A TABULAR NOTE CELL

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Good morning.  Are you able to achieve this interactively?  I tried selecting a cell, and the Edit -> Properties, but the Properties dialog was entitled Tabular Note Section Properties.  The section is the entire visible table for the tabular note.  If we are restricted from performing an action from the user interface, it is usually the case that the API will have the same restriction.

Regards,

Steve

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to assign an attribute to the cell object?

Or are you trying to USE an attribute to specify some or all of the text inside the cell?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

Hi Steve and Ken, thanks for your answers.

I try to use an attribute to specify the text inside the cell, in other words I try to display an attribute of type string in the cell but doesn´t work, this attribute it´s previously created for me and saved in a catalog.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In that case, please disregard my previous response - I thought you were trying to assign an object attribute to the cell.  Sorry about that!

Creator
Creator

Hi steve

Don´t worry for that, i appreciate your attention for my post, if you have any other idea please let me know.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What is the format for the reference to athe attribute?

Interactively, NX uses the format "<WRef1*0@NAME>" when it adds references to part attributes, but I found in API (for NX10) you have to specify the text as "<W@NAME>"

Go figure...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Creator
Creator

Ken I will try with this option, i send the feedback.

Creator
Creator

Hello

Ken i did the test with the variable <W@NAME> but doesn´t work, NX set the variable <WRef1*0@ NAME> by default, see attached imagesATTRIBUTE1.jpgATTRIBUTE2.jpg

Any other idea, thanks for you help.

Legend
Legend

Not sure if this of any help.  Using programming I often need to determine the part of an attribute. For example I might have a balloon which has has uses an attribute to show the detail number and I need to change the detail number.  The balloon text shows a reference as you have indicated.  So what I do programming is to send the balloon object information to a file.  The listing might contain something like

Ref1*0

Attribute Title DETAIL NO.

Attribute Owner Component : 46007-D4-DET100

Attribute Value 100

I read the file to get the attribute owner so that I can go to the correct part/component and change the attribute value.

Just maybe this may be of some help to point you in the right direction.

Frank Swinkels